Join an award-winning tourism and transport company!
SeaLink Travel Group is looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their team for Whitsundays transport operations.
Have experience as a tour guide?
Hold an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate of Competency or equivalent?
Have a background in 5-star guest transfers?
Available for an immediate start?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
Conducting a fully-escorted interpretive tour of the Whitsunday islands and selected iconic walking tracks and beaches. Must ensure that the Whitsunday island tour is delivered the highest standard of fully escorted small group touring and that all passenger needs and requirements are met in relation to the tour inclusions
You may be required to work outside of normal hours and be flexible with shift times. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of the vessel is essential to all aspects of this role. You will work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager.
This is a key role within the organization and requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
This is a residential role in Shute Harbour, Airlie Beach, QLD.
- Review daily manifests & tour schedules upon receipt. Discuss with Master & query any anomalies immediately to enable sufficient time for review/adjustment.
- Preparing & completing all on tour paperwork.
- Consult with the Master in managing all aspects of operating a tour in line with company policies and procedures
- Plan each day with the master in relation to tidal predictions and the direction of Travel
- Ensuring that all passengers are met and greeted at the bus stop and guided to the check-in and then down to the boat.
- Providing tour commentary in line with the direction of travel for the day and with reference to the company prescribed commentary
- As soon as possible, attend to all inquiries and requests from passengers.
- Coordination and provision of catering including morning /afternoon teas and lunches as required. Ensuring passengers’ dietary requirements are met.
- Immediately advise the Operations Manager / Assistant of issues that may impact the safe operation of the vessel, the schedule, passenger, or colleagues. These issues must also be reported on the Hazard Incident Injury report form & supplied to the on-call Manager / Assistant.
- Establish & maintain a rapport with customers & colleagues.
- Ability to deliver the product as sold by our company to agents & guests
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy when providing commentary on tour
- Be enthusiastic, informed, and engaging at all times during the delivery of the product and tour
- Ability to keep to scheduled itineraries.
- Ability to problem-solve to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients & the business
- Consistently achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through various mediums: including Feedback forms, customer emails, letters, and industry internet sites (i.e. TripAdvisor) and journals/blogs.
- Ability to work both autonomously & as part of a team.
- Ability to handle difficult situations/customers.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Pleasant manner and the ability to relate well to people.
- Sound administrative and organizational skills.
- High level of customer service
- Great communication skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to speak fluently in the required language.
- Flexibility & reliability
- Tourism Industry Experience
- Elements of shipboard safety or equivalent
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Driver’s Licence
- Food Handling / Safety Training
- Responsible Service of Alcohol & Liquor Licensing Law Training
- Certificate in Tour Guiding / Ecotourism / environmental management
- Recreational Boat Licence
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications will close by 5.00 PM on the 5th of November 2021.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.