Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink is looking for Casual Deckhands
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations. The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London. Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
We are currently seeking experienced Casual Deckhands and to join our Cleveland and Bay Islands Operations here in South East Queensland.
- Always ensure safe and secure operations
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on shifts as required
- Be available at short notice to join a crew when there are operational needs
- Be well presented
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of customer service
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas
- General Purpose Hand Certificate or higher – Essential
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR – Essential
- Driver’s License – Essential
- MED 3 or higher – Desirable
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focused skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in working well in a small team
- Experience in the maritime industry and/or customer service roles
About the role
These casual positions in our team create an opportunity for you to join an award-winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service. This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated, and enthusiastic and who has the flexibility to meet operational demands.
The Deckhand will be responsible for:
- Operations of the vessel, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Displaying a pleasant and helpful manner with all customers and team members
- Initiating action to prevent unsafe incidents, identifies and notifies Master/Operations of safety problems.
This position requires a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective customer service, written and verbal communication skills energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork and multi-skilling.
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience leading a fast-paced team with diverse responsibilities.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position. Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.