K'gari Beach Resort
K'gari (Fraser Island)
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
About the Role
We are looking for live on Housekeeping Attendants who are positive, motivated & professional to join our dynamic Housekeeping team at K'gari Beach Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, & single accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- Access to the Resort pool all year round
Key Role Requirements
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Ability to take direction, take on multiple tasks at once, and follow standard daily job boards and lists
- Ability to work autonomously or in teams – proven ability to work unsupervised
- Meticulous attention to detail – looking further than the obvious
- Ability to demonstrate initiative at work
- Ability to effectively communicate with other resort departments
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Great time management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven experience in a resort / hotel / motel housekeeping environment
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 30 April 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink - K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.