Sealink K'gari - K'gari Beach Resort
Permanent Part-Time - $25.60 per hour
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
About the Role
We are looking for live on, positive, motivated & professional candidate to join our dynamic Front Office team as a Guest Service Agent, Eurong Beach Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Guest Service Agent is responsible for ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service at Eurong Beach Resort.
The successful applicant will ensure the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations. The Resort Front Office Guest Service Agent will effectively communicate between other resort departments.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, & single accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 1 minute walk from the Resort to 75 Mile Beach
- Access to the Resort pool all year round
Key Role Requirements
- Check in and check out of Guests to the island
- Answering all guest enquiries relating to the Resort & Island activities
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Responding to guest queries and working out solutions to meet their needs.
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- The ability to relocate to Fraser Island
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in a Hotel or Resort based environment
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, credit card reconciliation
- Knowledge of front office check-in systems
- Demonstrate the understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 17 June 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink - K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.