Eurong Beach Resort
K'gari (Fraser Island)
Join an award winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
We are looking for live on, positive, motivated & professional candidates to join our dynamic Maintenance team as a Resort Handyman, at Eurong Beach Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
Working with & directed by the Maintenance Manager, the Handyperson will conduct repairs and maintenance at Eurong Beach Resort property. The role requires unsupervised work, utilization of power tools and hand tools, multi-tasking skills and a high level of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare awareness and application.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, & single accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 1 minute walk to 75 mile beach
- Access to the Resort pool all year round
- Self motivated
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High level of general maintenance skill
- Ability to safely work with hand and power tools
- Able to work autonomously and within a team
- Enthusiastic and positive work ethic
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Flexible, honest and reliable
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Preferred trade skill base
- Forklift licence or ability to obtain
- Diverse maintenance experience
- Experienced handy person with the ability to use a wide range of power and hand tools
- Drivers license is essential
- Qualified tradespeople would be an advantage
- Ability to obtain a Police check
- Background in repairs and maintenance
In line with Queensland Government's mandated requirements for Covid vaccinations, effective 17 December 2021, successful candidates will need to provide evidence of being double vaccinated.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 7 January 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.