About the Role
Bring your passion for providing brilliant customer experiences to Kingfisher Bay Resort. The Resort Porter is responsible for exceeding guests needs and service expectations and to ensure the efficient pick-up and delivery of guest’s luggage.
Supporting the Front Office team to co-ordinate any guest related administration as required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high-level of customer service, good initiative and have the ability to keep up with the physically demanding nature of the role.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity, working up to 76 hours per fortnight across a broad 7-day rostering system. The successful candidate must be able to relocate to the staff accommodation for a 'live on' position, however we do have a 'live off' position available for anyone who is local to Hervey Bay.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Committed to delivering brilliant customer experiences.
- Must be physically fit due to the manual labour involved - lifting, loading and unloading suitcases into luggage trucks
- Motivated, good attitude and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Worked in a similar role; hotel/resort Porter (highly regarded).
- Hold a valid manual Driver Licence
The Benefits - conditions apply
- $1000 Annual SeaLink Employee Travel Allowance
- 3 staff meals daily, free Wi-Fi & airconditioned accommodation
- Worldwide Heartist Bienvenue benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free Island 4WD bus tours
- Free ferry transfers to-and-from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool, staff gym, tennis courts
Kingfisher Bay Resort is World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island's) premiere eco accommodation. Nestled amongst tree-covered dunes, along the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, it is the perfect base for exploration. Discover the island's native surrounds with endless beaches, pristine freshwater lakes, lush rainforests and a spectacular range of wildlife. This 152-room resort features 4 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, 5 bars and a variety of nature-based activities, walks and 4WD explorer tours.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and upload a copy of your up-to-date resume.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London. Incorporating Kingfisher Bay Resort, K’gari Beach Resort, K’gari Explorer Tours and SeaLink K’gari on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, we deliver brilliant experiences to our domestic and international guests.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink K'gari (Fraser Island), is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!