Kingfisher Bay Resort
K'gari (Fraser Island)
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
We are looking for live on and live off, positive, motivated & professional candidates to join our dynamic Front Office team as a Resort Porter at Kingfisher Bay Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
The Resort Porter is responsible for meeting and greeting all incoming customers / barge transfers, including transferring guests and luggage to the resort.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, free wifi & airconditioned accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Access to the Sandbar Resort pool all year round
Key Role Requirements
- liaise with the Skipper and barge staff for the safe loading and unloading of the luggage truck
- Wash and clean the buses, and the luggage trucks on a weekly basis as directed by the Duty Manager.
- perform any reasonable additional duties as directed by the Duty Manager, Front Office Manager or Rooms Division manager.
- complete all daily shift check sheets
- coordination of luggage pick-up and delivery arrangements for all guests
- when requested assist front office with check in, check outs, providing guest guidance to room allocations, answering incoming calls & tour bookings.
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Understand and work by Workplace Health and Safety rules and regulations at all times
- Ability to take direction, take on multiple tasks at once, and follow standard daily job boards and lists
- Ability to work autonomously or in teams – proven ability to work unsupervised
- Meticulous attention to detail – looking further than the obvious
- Ability to demonstrate initiative at work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- The ability to work during peak seasonal periods
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid manual LR licence – essential to the role
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one
- Proven experience in a resort / hotel / motel environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Effective communication with other resort departments
- Great time management skills
In line with Queensland Government's mandated requirements for Covid vaccinations, effective 17 December 2021, successful candidates will need to provide evidence of being double vaccinated.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 7 February 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink Fraser Island … is a World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.