Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
About the Role
We are looking for live on, positive, motivated & professional candidates to join our dynamic Food & Beverage team as a Restaurant Manager, working across multiple outlets at Kingfisher Bay Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, free wifi & airconditioned accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Access to the Sandbar Resort pool all year round
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in the management of the operational and strategic functions of a food and beverage department, or similar
- Experience with the management of food and beverage service, staff supervision, stock control, food and beverage revenue analysis and product promotions
- Demonstrated management experience in a quality a-la-carte / fine dining restaurant service / high volume buffet service / weddings and events (any of the listed)
- Demonstrated high level of staff management and motivational skills
- Great time management skills
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge - or have the ability to obtain one for employment
- Obtain a current police check
- Passionate about fine food and quality wine
- Understanding of financial acumen and ability to provide departmental reporting as required
- Ability to drive business and cross sell resort opportunities to guests during their stay
- Adherence and understanding of relevant Industry legislation, insurance and industry standards. Inclusive of: Privacy, liquor, security, safety, health and hygiene, industrial relations and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated ability to be able to float between outlets, understanding and managing the various expectations within each outlet
In line with Queensland Government's mandated requirements for Covid vaccinations, effective 17 December 2021, successful candidates will need to provide evidence of being double vaccinated.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 7 February 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Candidates will need to possess a professional outlook with an exceptional commitment to customer service and flexibility to work around a 24 hour operation.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.