Sealink K'gari - K'gari Beach Resort
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
We are looking for live on, positive, motivated & professional candidates to join our dynamic Retail team as a Retail Attendant, working across multiple outlets at K'gari Beach Resort on beautiful K'gari (Fraser Island).
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, & single accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 1 minute walk to the 75 mile beach
- Access to the Resort pool all year round
Key Role Responsibilities
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Assist in the receiving of and stocking of new product
- Assist with stock orders
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describe product features and benefits
- Follow all companies policies and procedures
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure environment
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village at K'gari Beach Resort on K'gari (Fraser Island) for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 10 day working fortnight
- Great time management skills
- Ability to take direction and work as a part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Food Handling Certificate – or the ability to obtain one for work – highly regarded
- A valid Queensland RSA
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience working in a fast past environment would be an advantage
- Cash handling experience
- Open & Closing procedures experience
- Merchandising Experience
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 17 June 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink K'gari (Fraser Island) incorporates Kingfisher Bay Resort, K'gari Beach Resort, and Fraser Island Barges & K'gari Explorer Tours.
K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.