With an unbeatable beachfront address on 75 Mile Beach, K’gari Beach Resort (formerly Eurong Beach Resort) is the hub for four-wheel-driving experiences along K'gari (Fraser Island's) east coast. This remote base is only accessible by 4WD and ignites a sense of adventure within a relaxed coastal escape.
With expansive grounds, the resort includes newly renovated hotel accommodation, as well as a restaurant and bar, renowned Eurong Bakery, and a general store.
About the position
Bring your experience working in a retail/customer service position to the General Store at K'gari Beach Resort. Reporting to the Group Retail Manager and working alongside a small team of Retail Attendants, you will manage point-of sale, store merchandising and serving up supplies for traveller's setting off on adventures across the island's sandtracks.
This is a permanent part-time vacancy, working up to 80 hours per fortnight across a broad rostering system, 10 days on / 4 days off. The ideal candidate will be able to relocate into the staff accommodation based at the resort.
Benefits - conditions apply
- $145 weekly living expenses (staff accommodation + meals)
- Annual $1000 SeaLink Employee Travel Allowance
- Free passenger ferries to and from the island
- Free Island 4WD Tours
- 25% off all resort outlets
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Employee Award Programs
- Access to the Resort swimming pool
- 24/7 access to the staff gym and laundry
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Committed to delivering brilliant customer experiences
- Prior experience working in a retail store
- Knowledge of cash handling and store open/closing
- Merchandising skills - desirable
- A valid Food Handling Certificate (or the ability to obtain)
- A valid Queensland RSA (or the ability to obtain)
- The ability to work weekends
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London.
Our resorts, ferries and tour operations connect travellers to experience the best of World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island). We believe travel is about connecting people, sharing experiences and creating brilliant memories.
Apply now! Upload an up-to-date copy of your resume.
All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.