Kingfisher Bay Resort is the island's premiere 4-star eco-resort and winner of TripAdvisor’s 2022 Traveller’s Choice Award. Due to the exciting launch of the resort's latest restaurant, we're seeking permanent full-time Trade Qualified Chefs to live and work in paradise.
Join our dynamic kitchen team in creating unforgettable guest experiences, we are seeking experienced CDP's and a Sous Chef for Dune's curated Asian fusion menu. The kitchen team offer a range of curated culinary experiences across multiple restaurants.
Bring your industry experience in quality high-volume service and join an organisation that promotes an engaging and rewarding workplace, where no two days are the same!
For the Sous Chef position we are seeking a Sous Chef with at least 4 years' experience in Asian cuisine cooking.
The Benefits - conditions apply
- $145 weekly living expenses (private accommodation + 3 meals every day)
- $1000 Annual Sealink Employee Travel Allowance
- Worldwide ALL Heartist program benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free Island 4WD bus tours
- Free ferry transfers to and from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool and 24/7 staff gym
- Experience in Asian-fusion cuisine experience (required for Sous Chef position)
- Experience working in a high-volume kitchen
- Experience working in a hotel/resort (highly regarded)
- Certificate III or IV Commercial Cookery or equivalent qualification (essential)
- Diploma Hospitality Management (regarded)
- HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- The right to live and work in Australia
About the Resort
Kingfisher Bay Resort is World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island's) premiere eco accommodation. Nestled amongst tree-covered dunes, along the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, it is the perfect base for exploration. Discover the island's native surrounds with endless beaches, pristine freshwater lakes, lush rainforests and a spectacular range of wildlife. This 152-room resort features 4 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, 5 bars and a variety of nature-based activities, walks and 4WD explorer tours.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and upload a copy of resume and cover letter.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!