Sealink K'gari - Kingfisher Bay Resort
Full Time - $60,000-$65,000 per annum
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Are you a professional Trade Qualified Chef at Commi, Demi or Chef de Partie level?
Paradise is waiting!
About the Role
We are looking for live on, positive, motivated & professional Chefs to join our dynamic Kitchen team.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Access to the Sandbar Resort pool all year round
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Hands on approach to work
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work across multiple outlets
- Knowledge of chemical handling
- Knowledge of food handling
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 - 3 years' industry experience post qualification (certificate lll in Commercial Cookery) - preferably in a hotel / resort environment / banquettes
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery essential
- Certificate IV or Diploma desirable
- Completed HACCP and Food Safety and Hygiene training
- Experience in HIGH VOLUME KITCHEN is a MUST!!
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Manual licence – highly regarded
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience in a high pressure kitchen environment
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Actively support and demonstrate SeaLink’s company vision, C.O.M.P.A.S.S. values and strategic goals
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 18 June 2022.
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be!
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.