Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
About the Role
We are looking for live on positive, motivated & professional Groups & Events Coordinator to join our diverse winning team of Hospitality lovers… do you think you have what it takes?
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day, free wifi & airconditioned accommodation)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Access to the Sandbar Resort pool all year round
Key Role Requirements
- Uphold professional client liaison and the conducting of regular site inspections
- Identification of client needs and requirements to ensure the best possible delivery of events
- Delivery of internal banquet event orders with exceptional attention to detail
- Coordination of high profile academic, corporate and government events
- Coordination of weddings (including ceremonies and receptions), anniversaries, birthday celebrations and tour series
- Maintaining and nurturing client relationships
- Ongoing support and operational involvement with the Food & Beverage Department and team in event set ups, pack downs and general even running’s
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality and Tourism industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
- Proactive attitude towards securing new and repeat business
- Ability to raise client invoices and follow up post-event
- You will be a motivated, well organised, and reliable person who has the ability to manage simultaneous events in a professional manner
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid Police Clearance (dated within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one
- A valid Queensland RSA – or the ability to obtain one for work
- Experience within conferencing, events, corporate and weddings
- The ability to relocate to the Staff Village on Fraser Island
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Hands of approach to event set ups and pack downs
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills, you will be highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Hospitality/Event Management tertiary qualification (highly regarded)
In line with Queensland Government's mandated requirements for Covid vaccinations, effective 17 December 2021, successful candidates will need to provide evidence of being double vaccinated.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 7 February 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.