Kingfisher Bay Resort is World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island's) premiere eco accommodation. Nestled amongst tree-covered dunes, along the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, it is the perfect base for exploration. Discover the island's native surrounds with endless beaches, pristine freshwater lakes, lush rainforests and a spectacular range of wildlife. This 152-room resort features 4 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, 4 bars and a variety of nature-based activities, walks and 4WD explorer tours.
About the role
There's a reason that Kingfisher Bay Resort was the winner of TripAdvisor’s 2022 Traveller’s Choice Award. Our Food and Beverage team is the face of our company and are committed to providing guests with an unforgettable experience.
Bring your proven leadership skills to the multi-outlet Food and Beverage team at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Ideally, you will have hands-on experience across restaurant and bar service within a fast-paced environment. You'll be able to support the Restaurant Manager with staff supervision, induction and training and will have demonstrated experience working across al-la-carte, buffet or high-volume weddings/events.
This a permanent full-time opportunity for someone looking to relocate to the island and move into the staff village. The ideal candidate will bring exceptional service standards and a passion for quality hospitality. Your authentic leadership style and proven ability to work well under pressure will be key to success in this role.
Bring your industry experience and join an organisation that promotes an engaging and rewarding workplace, where no two days are the same!
The benefits - conditions apply
- $145 weekly living expenses (private staff accommodation + meals)
- Access to In-House Training & Development Manager
- $1000 Annual Sealink Employee Travel Allowance
- Worldwide Heartist Bienvenue benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free 4WD K'gari Explorer Tours
- Free ferry transfers to and from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool and staff gym
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- At least one year experience in an F&B supervisory/team leader role
- Preferably experience working within a hotel/resort
- Motivated to drive others to achieve team KPI's
- Valid Queensland RSA certificate with wine and cocktail knowledge
- Demonstrated barista experience
- Valid Food Handling Certificate (highly regarded)
- Hold the right to live and work in Australia.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London.
Our resorts, ferries and tour operations connect travellers to experience the best of World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island). We believe travel is about connecting people, sharing experiences, and creating brilliant memories.
Apply now! Upload a copy of your up-to-date resume.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits