Kingfisher Bay Resort, the winner of TripAdvisor’s 2022 Traveller’s Choice Award is the 4-star eco resort, nestled along the western bay of K’gari (Fraser Island).
As K'gari's premiere eco accommodation, this sustainably built, integrated resort offers hotel, villa and house accommodation for 1000+ guests and employees.
About the opportunity
We’re searching for an experienced Handyperson to join the Maintenance team at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and working within a professional team of dedicated tradespeople to deliver preventative and repair maintenance across the resort. This role requires unsupervised work, utilisation of power tools, multi-taking and application of workplace H&S.
This is a permanent opportunity working up to 76 hours per fortnight. Your daily commute will involve cruising across the Great Sandy Straight via the 45-minute barge at River Heads to the idyllic destination, 'paradise'.
Skills and experience you'll bring to the role:
- Strong safety focus and experience working in a similar role; ability to work unsupervised.
- Hold the relevant trade qualification, certificate or equivalent relevant experience.
- Diverse repairs and maintenance experience (resort/hotel maintenance highly regarded)
- Ability to travel to K’gari (Fraser Island) via the barge from River Heads.
- Hold an unrestricted Drivers Licence.
The benefits - conditions apply
- $1000 Annual SeaLink Employee Travel Allowance
- Worldwide Heartist Bienvenue benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free Island 4WD bus tours
- Free ferry transfers to-and-from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool and 24//7 staff gym
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London.
Incorporating Kingfisher Bay Resort, K’gari Beach Resort, K’gari Explorer Tours and SeaLink K’gari on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, we deliver brilliant experiences to our domestic and international guests.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and complete the online application, uploading your resume and a cover letter.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.