Join an award winning tourism and transport company
ASX200 Award Winning Company
Great friendly and fun environment
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the Role
This position in our hospitality team creates an opportunity for you to join an award winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
This exciting position requires a person who is energetic, motivated and enthusiastic and who has the flexibility and ability to live and work aboard the vessel for the duration of the rostered shifts.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining an engaging presence with all customers and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional cruising experience. Your duties will be in the dining room, and at times in the galley and cabins. Duties may include:
- Dining food service
- Daily cleaning of passenger cabins including bed making, changing of linen, cleaning bathrooms
- General cleaning duties in dining room and other public areas
- Assisting in the galley with meal service and cleaning duties
- Dining service including drink, tray and table service
- Assisting with preparation and display of buffets and meal service
- Assisting with guest boarding
- Participation in crew shows for guest entertainment
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times – even when off duty
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required and available to work up to 15 days on board
- Be available at short notice to join a cruise when there is operational needs
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members (of the same gender)
- Be well presented at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in hospitality or tourism
- Previous hospitality experience – desirable
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Food Safety Certificate and/or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question. If you live interstate please explain how soon you could commence employment if successful.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 21 January 2022
SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
With around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.