Join an award-winning Tourism and Transport Company
Drive HSEQ Strategy and Implementation
ASX200 global company
About the Role
The HSEQ Advisor plays a key role within the WA Leadership team by leading and promoting a culture of safety awareness, improved well-being, and minimising injuries in the workplace. Our employees are our greatest asset therefore this role will support and continuously drive SeaLink WA’s strategic plan to ensure we are operating effectively & efficiently across the WA business units.
Reporting to the General Manager for Western Australia the HSEQ Advisor is responsible for managing risk, implementing quality processes and ensuring compliance through internal auditing, monitoring and implementing various legislative requirements.
A confident and experienced HSEQ professional, you will need excellent communication skills both in written form and verbally. With a minimum 2 years’ experience with a Diploma or higher in WHS we require a highly motivated and driven individual to drive change and continuous improvement initiatives whilst fully engaging with our WA workforce. You will be required to drive a quality framework to support the future growth of our business.
Being results driven, you will report monthly on lead and lag indicators of safety performance and support injured employees return to work in a controlled and safe way. As an experienced Return to Work Coordinator (RTWC) you will have the ability to ensure compliance is managed for both the injured Employee and our business.
- Maintain and continually improve the HSEQ Document System, Vessel Safety Management Systems and ISO 9001 certification.
- Promote a safe working environment and coordination of risk management processes
- Continually improve Management and Employee education and awareness for safety
- Monitor HSEQ training needs, marine safety training and the completion of training and drills
- Monitor changes and amendments to legislation and update systems accordingly
- Manage hazard and incident reporting
- Monitor the close out and effectiveness of Actions
- Conduct effective Incident Investigations to determine contributing factors and root cause
- Conduct vessel and workplace inspections, risk assessments and audits
- Analyse trends in HSEQ performance and recommend improvements to management
- Manage the drug and alcohol testing program across all WA business units
- Report and manage the RTW of injured employees with our insurer
If you are self-motivated, driven to deliver results, have a ‘can-do’ positive attitude, with the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with others we would like to hear from you.
This role is based in our Perth office, with regular travel to Fremantle therefore a reliable vehicle and drivers’ licence is essential.
SeaLink WA is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
With around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers a year.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
How to Apply
Click APPLY now and attach your cover letter and resume addressing the success factors required for this position and explain why you are the most suitable person for this role.
Application close by 5pm on 7 January 2022
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com