About Transit Systems NSW
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability. Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
About the role
Responsible to the Managing Director the HSEQ Manager’s role is to facilitate high standards of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) across multiple sites, through the development of professional partnerships with line management, employees and other stakeholders, which support the continued development, maintenance, and improvement of the HSEQ Management System. The HSEQ Manager will also be responsible for ensuring legislative compliance and the achievement of the company’s objectives, with an innovative yet fit for purpose strategy at a Group level.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide high level advice to senior managers and key stakeholders across the full range of safety policies, programs and practice and mitigate potential risks.
- Provide updates on trends and issues impacting on HSEQ.
- Develop effective processes for regular monitoring and review in respect of WHS.
- Facilitate risk assessments, review incidents and undertake investigations; identify learnings and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement training programs, in partnership with the Learning and Development training team, that educate employees and promote safety awareness.
- Ensure the ongoing development of a suite of contemporary and effective safety policies, procedures, systems and processes for effective and consistent implementation across the organisation.
- Research and present proposals for contemporary and innovative safety practices and manage implementation of approved functions.
- Liaise with the Return to Work team and assist with developing and supporting the implementation of Injury Prevention initiatives to minimise risks and reoccurrence.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in safety & compliance with a minimum Certificate IV in WHS or tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated capacity to problem solve in a methodical and thorough manner
- Expert knowledge of contemporary safety issues and best practice, and the statutory and regulatory framework in NSW including workplace legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for training employees on HSEQ procedures and for advising HSEQ strategies
- Ability to identify hazards and control risks in the workplace; and implement health and safety plans
- Incredible attention to detail
- Competence in the MS suite of products
- Previous experience in the bus/coach or transport industry an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as being able to work autonomously.
- High-level documentation skills for the recording, investigation, and reporting of safety performance and designing a robust Safety Management System
- Knowledge of environmental statutes and legislation
- Strong leadership and managerial skills to ensure the efficient and ethical performance of their health and safety team
- Understanding of current WHS act and WHS regulations.
- Applied knowledge of relevant rehabilitation and safety legislation.
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
We are requesting your resume and covering letter explaining why you are the best person for this position, including your work history.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.