- Join an award-winning ASX listed Tourism and Transport company
- Drive operational excellence & consistency
- Manage the transition into the KI Ferry Service (KIFS) contract
About the Role
A key leadership role reporting to the General Manager, South Australia this role will ensure our business complies with National Law and other related legislative instruments to ensure operational excellence and compliance are consistently and effectively managed across our two Kangaroo Island Ferries, the KI infrastructure, and the beautiful Murray Princess based in Mannum.
A multi functional role you will need to prioritise your time between business units effectively and provide exceptional leadership to motivate and drive employee engagement.
With the transitioning to our new KIFS during the latter half of 2024, a key component of this role will be to manage and meet contractual obligations with the Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) to drive the necessary compliance, initiate change management projects and effectively lead the transformation and ongoing operation.
This role can be based in either Cape Jervis, Penneshaw, or in the Adelaide Office, with regular travel expected to all sites.
A confident and experienced leader with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role, you will need sound knowledge of marine legislation and advanced knowledge of marine compliance. Essential to this role will be a Master <24m NC Certificate of Competency or Master <45m NC Certificate of Competency, MED3 NC, and tertiary qualifications in Business or a related discipline.
You will have proven leadership experience to ensure operating procedures, Company Policies, Risk Management, key and emergency procedures are maintained in line with National Law and WHS requirements. Actively participate in Enterprise Bargaining Agreement discussions, and direct and lead the Masters on all SA vessels to ensure safety compliance is not compromised.
You will need to build relationships with your team and external contractors to implement and drive change management processes. If you are self-motivated, results driven, organised with a continuous improvement mindset this role will suit you.
Other Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of passengers, crew, contractors, staff and visitors
- Provide strong leadership to the Marine Crew, and admin team
- Support and develop the strategic plan for both business units
- Managing disruptions for both business units and provide strong directional leadership
- Manage team performance and direct reports
- Identify and drive operational strategies, business improvements, in conjunction with the GM SA to support future growth of the business
- Finance and business acumen including budget development and reporting
- Show initiative, systematic reasoning, be results focused and self-driven
- Promote a safe working environment, manage incident reports and coordination of risk management processes
- Certificate IV in Leadership in Management or equivalent
- Drivers' licence essential
- Marine Operations experience
- Experience in Tourism Industry (beneficial)
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
Applications will close by 5.00 PM on Monday 25 September 2023.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and may close earlier than stated if we find a suitable candidate. If you have any questions regarding this role you are welcome to contract Ms Julie Worsman, People and Culture Manager SA on 0407 193 103 in the first instance.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the key requirements for this position with as much information as possible supporting your application.
SeaLink South Australia is part of the Kelsian Group, is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK.
With around 10,000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 5,000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com