Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
Experienced in the provision of cleaning services?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,500 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 116 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles at the end of December 2021, carrying more than 222 million customers during 2021 where they need to be and want to go.
RiverCity Ferries has recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council's Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long, operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Love working out doors and have an interest in the marine industry.
- Knowledge of WH&S legislation and Dangerous Goods Act in relation to stores.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently in a timely manner.
- Work safely at all times to protect yourself, staff and public.
- Sound cleaning and chemical handling skills.
- High level attention to detail;
- Fast learner, friendly, helpful and reliable.
- Positive attitude and uses initiative.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Driver's licence - Essential.
- Demonstrated Experience within a cleaning or asset presentation position is highly desired.
- Previous experience in marine environment is highly desired.
- Proven ability to work in an autonomous environment.
- Computer aptitude.
- MSDS knowledge.
- Senior First Aid/Advanced Resuscitation.
About the Role
Carry out cleaning on Terminals in the network to required contract cleaning standards and presentation and as directed by Supervisor.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 18th March 2022
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.