Kingfisher Bay Resort is World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island's) premiere eco accommodation. Nestled amongst tree-covered dunes, along the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, it is the perfect base for exploration. Discover the island's native surrounds with endless beaches, pristine freshwater lakes, lush rainforests and a spectacular range of wildlife. This 152-room resort features 4 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, 4 bars and a variety of nature-based activities, walks and 4WD explorer tours.
About the role
There's a reason that Kingfisher Bay Resort was the winner of TripAdvisor’s 2022 Traveller’s Choice Award. Our Food and Beverage team is the face of our company and are committed to providing guests with an unforgettable experience.
The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the operational and strategic management of the resort's modern Australian cuisine and extensive beverage selection. Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be required to be both strategic and "on the floor" with the team every week to drive consistent results.
This a permanent full-time opportunity for someone looking to relocate to the island and move into the staff village. The ideal candidate will bring exceptional service standards and a passion for quality food and wine. Your authentic leadership style and proven ability to drive performance and revenue will be key to success in this role.
Bring your industry experience and join an organisation that promotes an engaging and rewarding workplace, where no two days are the same!
The benefits - conditions apply
- $145 weekly living expenses (private staff accommodation + meals)
- Access to In-House Training & Development Manager
- $1000 Annual Sealink Employee Travel Allowance
- Worldwide Heartist Bienvenue benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free 4WD K'gari Explorer Tours
- Free ferry transfers to and from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool and staff gym
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Prior experience in the operational and strategic management of an F&B department; quality al-la-carte, high volume buffet service, weddings or events.
- Proven ability to successfully manage F&B service, staff supervision, stock control, F&B revenue analysis, financial reporting and product promotions.
- Hold a current Queensland RSA certificate with strong wine, barista coffee and cocktail knowledge.
- Hold the right to live and work in Australia.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London.
Our resorts, ferries and tour operations connect travellers to experience the best of World Heritage-listed K'gari (Fraser Island). We believe travel is about connecting people, sharing experiences, and creating brilliant memories.
Apply now! Upload a copy of your up-to-date resume.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits