Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Training and Development opportunities provided
SeaLink (Captain Cook Cruises, Sydney) - part of the Kelsian Group, is searching for an experienced Shore Based Marine Maintenance Technician with a preferred trade background and broad skill-base, who can positively contribute to the culture of the team as well as keeping the fleet in a safe, compliant and pristine condition.
Hold a Certificate in Mechanical Trade?
Have a background in the tourism and transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the Job
The maintenance part of the job is exactly what it sounds like. You will conduct routine planned maintenance, attend to breakdown maintenance, assist contractors in higher level maintenance, support on-board engineers, skippers and crew when required, and attend to an array of ad-hoc duties, both on our vessels and around the jetties/offices.
The Marine Maintenance Technician will be responsible for technical duties of 15 vessels answering directly to the Maintenance Manager. The role forms an integral part of a professional maritime support team for the Operational business; working alongside resources in HSEQ and Crewing to deliver best in class performance consistently.
The systems and machinery you will gain exposure to include, but not limited to:
- 15 vessels ranging from 12-63 metres
- Heavy diesel machinery - 4 to 6 cylinder high speed Diesel engines (Scania, Perkins, Gardiners and Cummins)
- Auxiliary systems (Air-conditioning, Refrigeration, Pumps, Hydraulics and Sullage Systems)
- Electrical and instrumentation systems
- Dry dock works (propeller, shaft work)
- Hull structure's and fittings
- Ad-Hoc general handyman tasks required on day to day basis
- Possess a positive attitude, is dedicated, reliable, motivated and proactive
- Involves supervisor/manager in decision making
- Professional across all level of the business
- Builds positive internal and external relationships
- Certificate in Mechanical Trade (Diesel fitter, electrical, refrigeration or plumbing) - preferred
- Open Drivers Licence
- Welding, Painting, Plumbing experience preferred
- Electrical fault-finding experience
- Basic understanding of workshop practices including OH&S and housekeeping
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in servicing, periodical inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs to commercial vessels
- The ability to be proactive and work in a dynamic team environment is crucial to the success of this role.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply.
Applications close 5pm 16 May 2022.
Captain Cook Cruises NSW is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com