About Transit Systems NSW
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability. Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
Transit Systems is looking for an experienced Injury Management Advisor to efficiently manage our RTW ensuring adherence to legislation. Reporting into the NSW People and Culture Manager and working closely with our National Workers Compensation Manager. The RTW Coordinator is also the point of contact for the injured worker and supports them throughout their recovery.
This role is available for an immediate start. We are located in Leichhardt however the role requires you to travel across our other depot locations.
About the Role
- Assisting injured workers to remain at or return to work while they recover from a work-related injury.
- Planning the worker's return to work if they require time away from work to recover and make decisions to progress their return.
- Consulting with the injured worker, their treating health practitioner, occupational rehabilitation provider, or worker's representative if they have one.
- Monitoring the progress of an injured worker's recovery.
- Taking steps to prevent a recurrence or aggravation of the injury.
- Helping to resolve any issues or disputes related to return to work.
- Work directly with 3rd party workers compensation providers, communicating with case managers, claims managers, approved rehabilitation providers and key stakeholders.
- Conduct claim review with managers and relevant parties to obtain best outcomes for claims
- Undertake investigations on significant incidents
- Oversee the fitness for work process with a view of continual improvement processes
- Liaise with injured workers and all parties relating to claims management
- Implementing the RTW program
- Ensuring timely RTW administration with the regulator i.e. reporting requirements
- Reporting on RTW statistics
- Build effective working relationships at all levels within the business, in order to support the success of this role
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be self-driven, passionate and have the ability to maintain a high level of personal motivation at all times.
Skills and Experience
- Qualification in RTW or equivalent allied health professional
- Minimum 3 years' recent injury management experience with either an employer or insurer
- Be a results focussed individual with a proactive and energetic approach to work
- Self-starting individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of safety and WHS within a blue collar workforce
- Able to effectively communicate to all parties including senior management
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and take people “along for the journey”
- Ability to create rapport with individuals quickly
- Ability to build and foster successful working relationships at all levels of the business – such that these relationships foster and support the achievements and overall success of the role
- Strong administration experience
- Promoting a helpful and enriching culture
- Exceptional time management
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to multi-task with conflicting priorities
- Intermediate to advanced computer and MS office skills
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- High attention to detail
- Professional presentation standards
We are requesting your resume explaining why you are the best person for this position, including your work history.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.