RiverCity Ferries - a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team.
Do you have a qualification as a Diesel Fitter/Marine Engineer?
Looking for an exciting and new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,500 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 116 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles at the end of December 2021, carrying more than 222 million customers during 2021 where they need to be and want to go.
RiverCity Ferries has recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council's Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long, operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
About the Role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, RiverCity Ferries, this role will work collaboratively in maintaining Brisbane City Council’s vessel fleet.
We are looking for someone with excellent Marine Engine Driver (MED), Marine Engineering or Diesel Fitting experience. Appropriate qualifications in Marine Engineering will be well regarded.
The successful applicant must possess the following characteristics and experience:
- Diesel Fitting, Marine Engineering or MED qualifications is essential.
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment such as 12/24 V electrical systems, tanks, sewage systems and equipment fit out.
- Competent at basic oxy acetylene gas, MIG/TIG welding repairs.
- Experience in exercising good judgment in appraising difficult situations and making appropriate decisions regarding equipment condition and appropriate corrective action.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, maintenance planning techniques and philosophies, including a continuous improvement approach.
- Understanding of marine systems and installations.
- Perform daily engine and machinery checks on assigned vessels.
- Ensure all maintenance requirements and interventions are recorded.
- CMMS is essential including tablet use and data entry.
- Must have an eye for detail and take pride in your work.
- Organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Pride in workmanship.
- Strong time management, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as with a degree of autonomy.
- On call roster experience in the field working on your own is essential as this role requires the successful applicant to be part of the on call roster.
- Adaptable to change.
- Current Australian C Class Drivers licence is essential.
- 3 - 5 years’ maintenance experience in the marine environment desirable.
- MED or Marine Engineer Class 2 or 3.
- Engine rebuild experience.
- Experienced with quality systems & compliance with the requirements of ISO9001, 14001 and 55001.
- Ability to develop Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments on assigned jobs.
- Current First Aid with CPR.
- Forklift Licence.
- Gantry overhead crane.
- High Risk Work (Confined Space/ Working at heights) licence is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by Friday 21st April 2022.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.