Join an award-winning national tourism and transport company!
Offering brilliant employee benefits and team culture!
SeaLink North Queensland operates from Townsville delivering daily ferry passenger services to Magnetic Island and 6 services a week to Palm Island. Our tourism operations include local tours to Cape Cleveland Lighthouse, Orpheus Island, Palm Island, Whale Watching Tours, charters, and ship-to-shore transfers for visiting cruise ships between Airlie Beach and Port Douglas. For more information visit www.sealinkqld.com.au.
About The Role
The Customer & Terminal Services Manager is a critical leadership role in our SeaLink North Queensland management team. This position is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Breakwater Terminal, outdoor premises, and Nelly Bay service desk. The role requires ensuring excellent customer experiences are delivered and the Terminal is maintained and presented to a high standard. As a part of the management team, the Customer & Terminal Services Manager will contribute to the growth and direction of the business and maintain effective close working relationships with all departments.
Key Role Responsibilities and Requirements
As the Customer & Terminal Services Manager, you will be responsible for key responsibilities including;
- Providing the terminal team with leadership to guide and support in the high standard quality customer services, the safe and efficient delivery of their daily duties and tasks to the appropriate standard
- Overseeing the management of staff to ensure the effective and efficient staffing and Terminal Operations
- Ensuring the Terminal, outdoor premises are always presented to a high standard
- Managing accurate passenger databases and freight
- Establishing an annual sales plan and sales targets in conjunction with the General Manager and Business/Finance Manager
- Managing the back of house Quick Travel/Quick Tickets system to best support the efficient service of our customers in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Team
- Rostered hours with some weekend work
- Extensive experience in customer services and sales; Transport, travel, or tourism industry experience will be advantageous
- Extensive staff supervision experience
- Advanced knowledge of Magnetic Island, Townsville & surrounding regions' tourism products (desirable)
SeaLink North Queensland is part of the SeaLink Marine & Tourism family. SeaLink Marine & Tourism operates some of Australia’s most iconic marine transport and tourism experiences brands including SeaLink ferries around Australia, Captain Cook Cruises in Sydney Harbour and Perth’s Swan River, Kingfisher Bay, and Eurong Beach Resorts on Fraser Island (K’gari), the Murray Princess on the Murray River, Kangaroo Island Odysseys, Flinders Ranges Odysseys, Adelaide Sightseeing and many more. For more information on our marine and tourism family visit www.BrilliantTravels.com.au.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK. An ASX 200 listed company with around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year. For more information visit www.kelsian.com.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application. Include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 15th May 2022.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organization, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.