Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for an experienced and professional individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join the team.
Do you have a background in the tourism, and business industry?
Qualifications in Maintenance Management?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,500 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 116 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles at the end of December 2021, carrying more than 222 million customers during 2021 where they need to be and want to go.
RiverCity Ferries has recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council's Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long, operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
About The Role
The role administers and reports on the operational performance of RiverCity Ferries’ contract with Brisbane City Council to provide ferry operations and maintenance services.
Reporting to the Contracts and Compliance Manager, this role supports the Management Team with monthly performance reporting, the preparation of Operating Plans, and responding to queries from a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities will include but are definitely not limited to:
- Coordination of Monthly Performance Reporting for RiverCity Ferries’ Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025.
- Data collection and analysis to identify and report service delivery performance against targeted outcomes, including customer satisfaction surveys.
- Ensure the RiverCity Ferries’ suite of Operating Plans is regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
- Ensure RCF’s obligations in operational delivery and performance of ferry services are appropriately planned, managed, funded, resourced and executed, in consultation with the Contracts and Compliance Manager and Finance Manager.
- Provide assistance to the Management Team with requests for pricing, proposals, plans and reports aligned to future state business models.
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders to document business processes, procedures, work instructions and work flows for efficient end of month processes and responses to financial queries.
The key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in:
- Contract administration, stakeholder management and communication including with senior management, contract managers, and key stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to articulate business proposals succinctly and accurately.
- Knowledge and skills that assist with budget development, monitoring, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and the ability to rapidly acquire bespoke software system skills associated with role requirements to facilitate data analysis, performance reporting and identification of efficiency and improvement opportunities.
- Advanced excel spreadsheeting, and data visualisation skills.
Skills and experience in the below is desirable but not essential:
- Tertiary qualifications in business/commerce/economic or related discipline.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly acquire such knowledge of public transport and safety related policy and legislation including application to passenger and operational requirements.
- Experience in business process and information modelling/data mining.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools.
If this sounds like this could be your next challenge, we encourage you to apply! This role will be a full-time fixed-term contract for 12 months with the possibility to extend.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 20 May 2022.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.