Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Now is an exciting time to join the Torrens Transit team!
In partnership with Government, Torrens Transit innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability. Torrens Transit is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
About the Role
We have opportunities currently available at our Morphettville and Port Adelaide Depots for qualified and experienced Diesel Mechanics, however if you are a Light Vehicle Mechanic and interested in upskilling to the Diesel trade, we want to hear from you too!!!
In this hands on role, reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will be required to perform mechanical diagnosis, repairs and servicing on our fleet of Adelaide Metro buses and Torrens Transit equipment.
You will have a strong drive and motivation to succeed and be able to work in a safety conscious environment.
To be successful you will ideally have:
- Demonstrated work experience as a Mechanic (Diesel or Light Vehicle).
- Trade Qualified - Diesel or Light Vehicle
- HR driver’s license or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Experience in all forms of automotive repairs & maintenance including computer diagnostics systems.
As a Torrens Transit Employee you will:
- Work in a supportive environment with ongoing training and development
- Have the opportunity for future career development
- Work as part of a shift roster with weekend work as required
- Have the opportunity to move within the group, both locally and nationally as openings arise
- Be provided with internal training to obtain your HR license
Base annual salary ~$81,000 with overtime opportunities available.
Driving shifts also available as another option to increase earnings.
Come and join a well-known Australian brand during an exciting time of growth.
Applications close 5.00pm, Monday 23 May 2022
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.