- Join an award-winning Tourism and Transport company
- Drive HSEQ Strategy and Implementation
- ASX200 global company
About the Role
The HSEQ Manager plays a key role within our Gladstone Leadership team by leading and promoting a culture of safety awareness, improved well-being, and minimizing injuries in the workplace. Our employees are our greatest asset therefore this role will support and continuously drive SeaLink Gladstone’s strategic plan to ensure we are operating effectively & efficiently across our Gladstone & Whitsunday operations.
Reporting to the General Manager for SeaLink Gladstone, the HSEQ Manager is responsible for managing risk, implementing quality processes, and ensuring compliance through internal auditing, monitoring, and implementing various legislative requirements.
As a confident and experienced HSEQ professional, you will need excellent communication skills both in written form and verbally. With a minimum of 5 years of experience with a Diploma or higher in WHS we require a highly motivated and driven individual to drive change and continuous improvement initiatives whilst fully engaging with our Gladstone workforce. You will be required to implement and drive a quality framework to support the future growth of our business.
Being results-driven, you will report monthly on lead and lag indicators of safety performance and support injured employees' return to work in a controlled and safe way. As a certified Return to Work Coordinator (RTWC), you will have the ability to ensure compliance is managed for both the injured employee and our business. This role is best suited if you are keen to progress your career further.
- Maintain and continually improve the HSEQ Systems & Procedures and Vessel Safety Management Systems
- Promote a safe working environment and coordination of risk management processes
- Continually improve Management and Employee education and awareness of safety
- Monitor HSEQ training needs, marine safety training, and the completion of training and drills
- Monitor changes and amendments to legislation and update systems accordingly
- Manage hazard and incident reporting
- Monitor the closeout and effectiveness of Actions
- Conduct effective Incident Investigations to determine contributing factors and root cause
- Conduct vessel and workplace inspections, risk assessments, and audits
- Analyze trends in HSEQ performance and recommend improvements to management
- Manage the drug and alcohol testing program across all Gladstone & Whitsundays business units
- Report and manage the RTW of injured employees with our insurer
If you are self-motivated, driven to deliver results, have a ‘can-do’ positive attitude, with the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with others we would like to hear from you.
This role is based in our Gladstone office and supporting operations of Gladstone (Curtis Island) and Whitsundays.
SeaLink Gladstone is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
With around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers a year.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and creating brilliant customer experiences.
How to Apply
Click APPLY now and attach your cover letter and resume addressing the success factors required for this position and explain why you are the most suitable person for this role.
Applications close by 5 pm on Friday 27 May 2022
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com