Hold a Master less than 35 metres Near Coastal Certificate of Competency?
Looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Tasmania Marine & Tourism - part of the Kelsian Group, is seeking an experienced Master IV with a strong work ethic, is flexible with days worked working across our fleet of vessels and enjoys interacting with our passengers and crew. Individuals with a friendly disposition, demonstrated leadership experience and excellent communications skills are encouraged to apply.
About the Role
Working predominantly as Master on one of our fast ferries, you will be required to work a mixture of shifts covering weekdays, weekends & public holidays within a rotating roster. You will work in close conjunction with the Marine Operations Manager.
This key role within the organisation requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and time management skills.
The primary function of the Master role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of our vessels, ensuring the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant local and international laws and company policies.
The Master is responsible for passenger and vehicular loading and safety including the safe and efficient loading of freight and large vehicles, for the verification of and compliance with the Safety Management System on board, and for crew performance, training and development.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Strong Communication - written and verbal
- Organisation and planning
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation
- Flexibility and reliability
- Outstanding customer service
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Be well presented at all times
- Committed to Workplace, Health and Safety
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Senior First Aid Qualification - Essential
- Master IV Certificate of Competency - Essential
- Understanding of AHA COVID-19 hygiene - Essential
- Current Driver's Licence - Essential
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems - Essential
- Knowledge of WH&S Regulations - Essential
- MED1 - Desirable
- Forklift and HR Licence - Desirable
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications for this position close 5pm 25 May 2022
SeaLink Tasmania Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com