International tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink operates 130 boats nationally so if you are looking for a career in the Marine Industry, we are it!
SeaLink WA, part of the Kelsian Group, are welcoming suitably experienced and motivated applicants for the role of Deckhand. The successful applicant will bring a bright and energetic attitude to our operation with a focus on safety and reliability.
SeaLink WA operates 3 business units locally, including Captain Cook Cruises, SeaLink Rottnest Island and government contracted Transperth Ferry division. The business has been renowned for individuals who are keen to progress their marine career with an exposure to many facets of vessel operations.
With up to 11 vessels locally, we offer the opportunity to train, progress and work towards future marine certificates of competencies. We have a team of experienced mariners who provide leadership and guidance to those that are willing to learn and progress within the marine industry.
About the Role
The Deckhand position is an integral part of our Ferry Operations, required to work in a team environment to ensure success. The duties will include:
- Assist with safe daily operations of the vessel, in accordance with policies and procedures of SeaLink WA
- Initiating action to prevent unsafe incidents
- Displaying a pleasant and helpful manner towards our customers
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times
- Assist with the safe, efficient and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers
- Work under the direction of the Master to maintain a safe and compliant marine operation
- Participate in mooring activities with a high exposure to vessel line handling and deck equipment operation
- General maintenance and cleanliness of the vessel
- Delivery of on-board kiosk beverage sales compliant with responsible Service of Alcohol guidelines
- Participate in scheduled emergency drills
- Must be well presented
- Keen to provide a brilliant experience for our customers
- Focused on safety
- Able to perform cleaning and maintenance duties, as required
- A team player who works harmoniously with others
- High level of communication skills
- Available to work public holidays, weekends and evenings
- Able to take on extra shifts, if required
- Basic computer skills
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Senior First Aid Qualification - Essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate - Essential
- AHA COVID-19 hygiene - Essential
- Elements of Shipboard Safety Qualification - Essential
- Current Driver's Licence - Essential
- General Purpose Hand Near Coastal Certificate of Competency - Desirable
- Commercial Marine Experience - Desirable
- Exposure to high level customer service - Desirable
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications for this position close 9 October 2022
Captain Cook Cruises WA/SeaLink is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com