About The Role
This is a full-time role on a 7-day rotating roster including nights and weekends. The successful candidate will love being part of a dynamic team often working under pressure. You will report to the Marine Operations Manager.
As the Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC (MED2) you will be responsible for:
- Working on marine diesel engines
- Working onboard as an engineer responsible for start-up, shutdown and correct operation of main and auxiliary engines
- Maintaining correct operation of onboard systems
- Work ashore as part of the engineering maintenance team
- Service & general repairs on a wide range of vessels
- Diagnostic problem solving & rectification
We will need you to have the following skills and experience:
- AMSA Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 Near Coastal
- Previous experience as an MED 2 on a range of different vessels
- You must be living in Australia with an entitlement to work
- Demonstrate your ability to provide high quality work at all times
- Demonstrate your ability to work unsupervised
- Demonstrate current product knowledge & diagnostic skills
- Experience in working in a fast-paced team
We Can Offer You
- Market competitive wages & excellent working conditions
- Opportunities to grow and develop a career in the Maritime Industry within a national business
- Excellent working conditions
If this sound like you dream job, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close Friday 30 September 2022 at 5pm unless appointed beforehand.
Captain Cook Cruises NSW is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com