International tourism and transport company
ASX 200 listed with 9000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink operates 130 boats nationally so if you are looking for a career in the Marine Industry, we are it!
SeaLink WA are now welcoming suitably experienced and motivated applicants for the role of Master less than 24m NC. The successful applicant will bring a bright and energetic attitude to our operation with a focus on safety and reliability.
SeaLink WA operates 3 business units locally, including Captain Cook Cruises, SeaLink Rottnest Island and government contracted Transperth Ferry Division. With up to 11 vessels in the fleet locally, there is the opportunity for exposure to a range of vessel operations for the right applicant.
About the Role
The available Master less than 24m role is predominantly for the Transperth Ferry Division however there is the opportunity to work across all our vessels for the right applicant. The role would be suited to an experienced Near Coastal Master or a person looking to gain vessel navigation and manoeuvring experience.
The primary role is ensuring safe and reliable transport for commuters between Perth and South Perth. The Master onboard the Transperth Ferry is a solo operator, with localised support available where required. The duties will include:
- Management, implementation and operation of navigation, mooring, loading, maintenance and emergency response procedures,
- Conduct drills in accordance with company schedules,
- Management of disruptions including assistance with customer communication,
- Oversee the maintenance of deck equipment and engine rooms and ensure the preventative maintenance systems are adhered to,
- Oversee the vessel cleanliness and housekeeping – organisation of stores / tools / equipment,
- Ensure a high level of work ethics and professionalism is displayed at all times,
- Ensure timely arrival/departure complying with regulations set down by the Public Transport Authority
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management,
- Good communication skills – written and verbal,
- Ability to work autonomously for long periods,
- Good understanding of vessel handling,
- Flexibility and reliability,
- Customer service experience,
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations,
- Be well presented at all times,
- Marine tourism industry experience – Desirable
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Master less than 24m NC – Essential
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 – Essential
- Provide First Aid Certification – Essential
- Provide CPR Certification – Essential
- Current Driver's Licence – Essential
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems – Essential
- Knowledge of WH&S Regulations – Essential
- Commercial Marine Experience – Desirable
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close 5pm Friday 24 September 2022
Interviewing and appointment to these roles may occur prior to the closing date.
SeaLink Marine and Tourism and Captain Cook Cruises WA is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com