Swan Transit has an opportunity for a Health Safety Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Advisor to join its Leadership Team in Perth Metro and Regional, Western Australia. This key role will provide Health, Safety, Environment and Quality leadership, governance, and expertise across multiple sites with support from a central HSEQ team
Swan Transit, in partnership with WA Government, innovates, designs, and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient, and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and livability.
Swan Transit is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers to where they need to be and want to go.
On Offer/ Benefits:
- Competitive renumeration including access to company vehicles
- Flexible work conditions
- Training and development opportunities in a high-risk industry
- Build your career in a growing ASX200 listed company with a global presence
About the position:
Direct reporting to the Managing Director, the HSEQ Advisor’s role is to provide support in implementing, maintaining and continually improving HSEQ strategies and documentation within the HSEQ Management System by partnering the business to meet legislative compliance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner the Leadership Team to lead and promote a culture of Safety Awareness, injury and incident prevention throughout the business.
- Mentoring and coaching managers and employees with enquiries relating to internal policies, procedures, and legislative requirements.
- Provide advise and coach managers and their teams in proactive hazard identification, risk assessments, incident investigations and reviews to reduce risk.
- Coordinating the continual review and improvement of the HSEQ Management System and the Business Management System.
- Monitor HSE Training needs analysis by maintaining records and facilitating the HSE Committee.
- Monitoring and complying with the changes and amendments to relevant legislation and updating company systems accordingly.
- Support workers compensation claims and health monitoring requirements.
- Investigate high risk hazards, major incidents, including ‘Near Miss’ incidents in the Business, upskilling managers to identify the root cause with timely and corrective actions.
- Conduct regular risk assessments, internal audits and workplace inspections as required and develop recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide HSEQ reports on activities for the business and analyse trends in the HSEQ performance (lead and lag indicators).
- Actively support the company vision, COMPASS values and strategic goals and work towards meeting and exceeding deadlines, key performance indicators by participating in training as required.
About the desired candidate
- Tertiary qualifications in Work, Health & Safety, or related discipline (min. diploma)
- ICAM incident investigation desirable
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in implementation and coordination of a health, safety, environment management system.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of documented management systems – ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001.
- Working Knowledge of Work Health & Safety Act, Regulations, Code of practice and of Risk Management Principles.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated research, analytical and evaluation skills in problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with the use of various Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player with an eye of attention to detail.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how you are best fit for the position and demonstrating your experience in line with the criteria listed above.
No recruitment agencies.
To Apply or for further information, please contact Jason Lee on [email protected].
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 23rd September 2022
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.