RiverCity Ferries - a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
About RiverCity Ferries
RiverCity Ferries is the proud operator of the iconic CityCats, CityHopper and Cross River Ferry networks on behalf of the Brisbane City Council.
RiverCity Ferries operates and maintains the Brisbane City Councils ferry fleet, and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at the Rivergate Marina. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
RiverCity Ferries is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,500 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 116 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles at the end of December 2021, carrying more than 222 million customers during 2021 where they need to be and want to go.
- Proven strong customer service skills
- Communication – written and verbal
- People management skills
- Be prepared to work shift work, weekends and public holidays
- Understand and be committed to Work Health and Safety (WH&S)
- Organisation and planning skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Achievement and results driven
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Tourism industry knowledge – desirable
- Very well presented
- Willingness to learn other aspects of the business
About the Roles
You will be trained as both a Customer Service Officer as well as Deckhand to ensure cross-skilling and career progression for successful applicants.
Customer Service Officers
These positions provide exemplary customer service and manage ticket sales ensuring compliance with all ticketing and cash handling policies and procedures.
The Deckhand is responsible to the Vessel Master to assist in the safe operations and maintenance of vessels, the securing of the vessel when berthing, ensuring that the gangplanks are properly placed, and assisting the Master to keep lookout when under way and as directed by the Master.
Skills and Qualifications
Ideally you will:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be responsive to customer needs, safety and welfare.
- Have knowledge of ticketing system policies, products, and procedures.
- Follow company policies, procedures and directions to perform duties safely and efficiently.
- Possess a current Certificate in Elements of Shipboard Safety (desirable).
- Preferably have training in crowd management.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position. Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.