Transit Systems is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 285 million customer journeys per year. Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of the Kelsian Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company. Carrying more than 285 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,840 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 114 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website. http://www.transitsystems.com.au
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated, bright, enthusiastic, and well-presented Administration Assistant to assist in the running of our busy Smithfield and Hoxton Park offices. This role is a 38-hour week Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with Payroll, Accounts, and General Office Administration duties.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Accounts Payable including reconciliation of invoices and statements
- Assist in the preparation of Weekly payroll
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting
- Maintain and update Databases as required
- Process, update and reconcile fuel data
- Receive, store, issue and dispose of lost property
- Maintain and update QA forms and procedures as required
- Maintain stock levels of stationery and issuing/ordering of staff uniforms
- Answers telephone and respond to general enquires
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail
- Relieve Office Administrator as required
- General Office Administration duties
Skills and Experience required:
- Ability to deliver a high standard of Customer Experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel
- Payroll knowledge and the ability to interpret Awards and Enterprise Agreements preferred but not essential
- Accounts Payable experience desirable
- Good interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner
Additionally, you will possess the ability to manage, organise and prioritise workloads, and hold excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This is a busy, hands-on position and to be successful you will need to be proactive and adaptable, with a focus on accuracy, high attention to detail and time management. Your experience, dedication, honesty, organisational ability, and professional attitude could secure this job for you.
Applications Close on Friday 7th October
No recruitment agencies please
The Kelsian Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.