Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team.
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Ltd, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
RiverCity Ferries is contracted to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council’s Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate Marina. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
About the Role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Finance & Commercial Manager this role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounting function, including supervision of AP, AR and Payroll, month end reporting, statutory financial reporting, business improvement as well as supporting the Finance & Commercial Manager across various tasks as required.
To be successful as Management Accountant, you should display high levels of attention to detail, proactive approach to problem solving and business analysis.
Role responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Provide supervision of accounts payable and receivable. Review and approve payment runs.
- Prepare and execute all financial and reporting requirements outlined in the executed service contract with Brisbane City Council, ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Manage and deliver the management accounts, financial forecasting, cash flow and assist the Finance & Commercial Manager in the coordination of audit activities.
- Prepare and post month end journals and monthly GL account reconciliations.
- Prepare and lodge statutory financial reporting such as BAS, FBT, payroll tax, WorkCover declaration etc.
- Manage the Payroll function for the business including maintaining the functions of the Time and Attendance system including the correct implementation of the EBAs.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team with inventory management and prepare and enter EOM stock adjustments and journals as required.
- Enhance and document financial processes in order to improve workflows and efficiencies.
- Provide support to the Finance & Commercial Manager by identifying and investigating issues as and when they arise and following them through to resolution.
- Complete any ad hoc tasks as directed by the Finance & Commercial Manager.
- Back up support of other accounting functions as required.
- Work to meet and exceed individual and team deadlines, including key performance measures and goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Committed to producing quality and efficient outputs
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Scientific, systematic and logical in approach
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work within a small team
- Possess a high quality of finance and business acumen
- Time management skills including planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent relationship building
- Ability to work with and accept change
- High level of computer competency
- Achievement and results driven
- ERP accounting system experience (Accpac desirable)
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
We would love to see your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.