About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced casual marine engineer to join our operations here in South-East Queensland. Primarily working out of Redland Bay, this exciting casual position requires a person who is energetic, motivated, enthusiastic and has the flexibility to meet operational demands.
The engineer will be responsible for maintaining of vessel and its machinery and systems, including maintenance and servicing, assisting with the loading of the vessels, safety of passengers and safe operation of the vessel.
This position requires a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective written and verbal communication capabilities as well as experience in marine engineering.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate experience working within fast-paced, dynamic teams; with exceptional leadership, marine engineering experience, knowledge and compliance of legislation and operating procedures, customer service, and be environmentally and safety focussed.
This position is an opportunity for you to join an award-winning tourism and transport company with an excellent reputation in quality products and professional customer service.
- Ensure safe and secure operations at all times
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be available at short notice to work when operational needs require
- Ability to have the flexibility to work across a 7-day roster including weekends and public holidays
- Demonstrated commitment to a safe working environment.
- Ability to follow directions, procedures, and company policy
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Current MED 2 (Minimum) - Essential
- Senior First Aid - Essential
- Driver’s License - Essential
- Confined Space and BA Qualification - Desirable
- Any Deck Certificate of Competency - Desirable
- Master less than 24 metres (desirable)
- Demonstrated computer skills - Essential
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated safety and environmental work culture
Since commencing operation in 1964 with the first vehicle ferry, MV Myora, Stradbroke Ferries (now SeaLink South East Queensland) has grown to become the largest marine operator in Moreton Bay. Today SeaLink South East Queensland operates vehicle and passenger ferry services to Straddie and the Southern Moreton Bay Islands of Lamb, Karragarra, Macleay and Russell.
SeaLink South East Queensland is a SeaLink Marine & Tourism company, part of the Kelsian Group - Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to complete as much information of the application, paying close attention to each question. Please also provide your current resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by Friday 3 March 2023
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if a suitable candidate is sourced.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.