We are back cruising and it's amazing!
New opportunities to join the Murray Princess, come and join us!
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the Role
This is a permanent position reporting to the Cruise Director. Roster is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (just short of full time hours).
The Leading Hand position involves all aspects of food and beverage service including set up, service, clearing and clean-up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The position also involves cleaning duties in dining room and galley, setting up of dining room, polishing cutlery, preparing condiments, folding of napkins, guest boarding and cabin housekeeping (bed making, changing linen and cleaning bathrooms) on change over days.
The Leading Hand is the most experienced waiter/ess and supervises the waiting staff (under the direction of the Cruise Director). The Leading Hand is also responsible for ordering of dining room supplies and therefore ensuring sufficient stocks are on-board.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling and time management.
- Exceptional customer service
- Stock control and purchasing efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Ability to use initiative, and have a 'can-do' attitude
- Demonstrated ability to show flexibility and work harmoniously within a team
- Honesty & reliability
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year hotel, restaurant or cruise ship experience in a position of responsibility, such as a head waiter/waitress or steward– Essential
- Certificate Qualification in Hospitality - Desirable
- Responsible Service of Alcohol – Essential
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Guest service experience – Essential
- Previous leadership experience - Essential
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors – Desirable
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 21 April 2023 or earlier if a suitable candidate is sourced.
The Murray Princess is owned by SeaLink. SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com