Join an award winning ASX-listed tourism and transport company
Range of Employee Benefits including staff discounts and career development
Based in Cleveland, QLD
About the Role
Based in Cleveland and reporting to the General Manager, this role will have responsibility for providing expert financial advice, with a focus on budgeting, business management, monitoring of financial results, reporting and financial training and capacity building.
- Proactively participate as part of the Senior Leadership Team, leading and contributing to the financial management of relevant Departments
- Engage in strategic and operational planning, ensuring financial alignment with the relevant Business Plan(s)
- Prepare and present identified materials and metrics for the Senior Leadership Team and Board
- Manage and deliver the management accounts, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities including accounts payable and receivable
- Drive the annual preparation and forecast update for the financial budget
- Participate in internal and external audit processes, ensuring findings and recommendations are followed through and areas of risk are reported to management
- Effectively lead and develop the finance team to support the delivery of strategic financial and business objectives
- Lead and participate in financial and business reviews to improve and strengthen internal controls around business processes
- Assist in identifying areas of improvement to financial processes and lead the development of new projects and processes to maximise efficiency
- In collaboration with the greater Finance Team, support any statutory, Board and financial institutions reporting requirements and ensure reports are completed in a timely, accurate manner.
- Annually review Contract income and be actively involved in applying for indexation variations as required
- Ensure all reporting and financial deliverables for transport contracts are met including lodgment of variation requests
- Actively provide support during the re-tendering process for contracts.
- Developing detailed financial modelling for new business opportunities
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of accounting practices and their application, along with superior numerical ability, accuracy and strong project management skills. Appropriate qualifications in accounting or a related discipline are required along with membership of either the ICAA or CPA Australia. The successful person will have experience in leading a small team and will effectively contribute to the planning and execution of organisational strategy and decision making.
You will possess:
- A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of experience in stakeholder management
- Commercially astute with high level of computer literacy with advanced skills in Excel and financial software
- Previous experience in the professional presentation of reports to senior management
- Excellent time management skills
- Tertiary qualification's relevant to the position
You will be a team player with at least 5 years of previous experience in a similar role.
Prior experience working in a similar or related industry would be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Since commencing operation in 1964 with the first vehicle ferry, MV Myora, Stradbroke Ferries (now SeaLink South East Queensland) has grown to become the largest marine operator in Moreton Bay. Today SeaLink South East Queensland operates vehicle and passenger ferry services to Straddie and the Southern Moreton Bay Islands of Lamb, Karragarra, Macleay and Russell.
SeaLink South East Queensland is a SeaLink Marine & Tourism company, part of the Kelsian Group - Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and complete the requested information detailed on the application. You are requested to provide your resume and a cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this position.
Applications close Friday 24 March 2023
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.