About The Role
SeaLink Sydney Harbour is looking for full time motivated Mechanic who is passionate about the new challenges and an opportunity to work on the water.
The role is designed around a successful applicant who holds a mechanical trade certificate who wants an opportunity to learn new skills working on commercial vessels. The successful applicant must have a can do attitude.
As a Mechanic for SeaLink Sydney Harbour, your day will consist of:
- Servicing and general repairs on a wide range of vessels
- Diagnosing deficiencies and rectification
- Working alongside a team of shoreside maintenance team consisting of diesel fitters, shipwrights, boilermakers and general maintenance hands
- Exposure to a range of plant and machinery including diesel engines, air conditioning and refrigeration plants, and various types marine equipment
While experience in the area is highly desirable, SeaLink will provide the successful candidate with extensive training.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Motor Mechanic/Diesel Fitter/Heavy Vehicle Mechanic or formal qualifications plus 2 years of experience
- Strong commitment to organisational values
- Hold a full Australian driver’s licence
- Be able to work unsupervised and in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Display professional and quality work standards
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Knowledge of WHS standards and a commitment to workplace safety, and
What you get in return
- Marketing competitive wages and excellent working conditions
- Opportunities to grow and develop a career in the Maritime Industry
- Opportunities to move to other parts of the SeaLink Group, operating 117 vessels across 6 Australian States.
- A respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace
- A fun and dynamic team environment
- Recognition and Reward
- Other staff benefits such as travel discounts and financial education.
If you think you have the experience and passion to join our team, APPLY now!
How to Apply
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position, highlighting your relevant experience.
Applications close 5pm 6 October 2023
Captain Cook Cruises NSW is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com