About the Role
The Engineer is an integral part of our Ferry Operations operating either from Cleveland or Redland Bay.
This full-time position will be responsible for maintaining machinery on the Vessels including maintenance and servicing, also assisting with loading of vessels, safety of passengers and ensuring the safe operation of the Vessel.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience and strong knowledge of regulations and legislation applicable to Vessel operations.
This role requires dedication, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
- Provides exceptional customer service by having excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Be well presented and possess a polite and professional approach
- Work harmoniously within and across teams
- Be available to work across a 7-day roster including weekend and public holidays
- Understands and has a commitment to adhere to all Work Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Current MED 2 (Minimum)
- Senior First Aid
- Driver’s License
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Confined Space and BA Qualification
- Relevant trade
- Certificate in Senior First Aid
Since commencing operation in 1964 with the first vehicle ferry, MV Myora, Stradbroke Ferries (now SeaLink South East Queensland) has grown to become the largest marine operator in Moreton Bay. Today SeaLink South East Queensland operates vehicle and passenger ferry services to Straddie and the Southern Moreton Bay Islands of Lamb, Karragarra, Macleay and Russell.
SeaLink South East Queensland is a SeaLink Marine & Tourism company, part of the Kelsian Group - Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as possible. We are also requesting a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you should be considered for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 24 March 2023
Applications will be reviewed progressively and will remain open only until the position is filled.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.