Join an award-winning transport and tourism company and be part of a greener future.
Transit Systems is looking for a Project Manager with electrical engineering experience to coordinate and manage people, processes and budgets to ensure that our Zero Emission Bus and Depot Electrification projects are delivered in-scope, on-time, on-budget, and produce the desired outcomes.
Looking for an exciting new, greener work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
Transit Systems is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 257 million customer journeys per year. Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company. Carrying more than 257 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 9,223 employees operating more than 3,991 buses and 113 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
For more information about Transit Systems and our zero-emission journey, please visit:
· Our Website http://www.transitsystems.com.au; and
· Our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/transit-systems-australia/;
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager Fleet, Innovation & Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for coordinating and manage people, processes and budgets to ensure that our Zero Emission Bus and Depot Electrification projects are delivered in-scope, on-time, on-budget, and produce the desired outcomes. The successful applicant will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s development, management and delivery / commissioning.
Transit Systems are the leaders in zero emission bus deployments and this role will be responsible for delivering more sustainable public transport solutions for our employees, our customers, our communities, and our client.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
• Tertiary education in Electrical Engineering (highly desirable)
• Tertiary education in Project Management (desirable)
• Experience in electrical engineering, including working with electrical distributors, electrical retailers, and Accredited Service Providers (ASPs)
• Experience in project management (ideally in the transition from internal combustion engine buses to zero emission buses, but not essential)
• Experience in the development and management of detailed project plans, and demonstration of corrective action to correct variances from the plans
• Experience in safety, environmental, risk and contract management
• Knowledge of the electrical distributor, electrical retailer, and Accredited Service Provider (ASP) industry (highly desirable)
• Knowledge of contract and financial management processes
• Advanced time management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated research, analytical and evaluation skills
• Ability to lead open consultation and communication with all stakeholders
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Methodical and innovative approach to solving problems
• Excellent attention to detail
• Professional in appearance and attitude
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in Australia and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close on 14 April 2023
Kelsian Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.