Join an award-winning transport and tourism company and be part of a greener future.
Transit Systems is looking for an Electrical Engineer Graduate to undertake a two year structured program to embark on a comprehensive and professional development to open a pathway to future leadership in the zero emission bus industry.
Looking for an exciting new, greener work environment? Join us if you are ready to take the first step towards a successful career in the zero emission bus industry
We encourage you to apply!
Transit Systems is Australia's largest private operator of metropolitan public bus services, completing more than 257 million customer journeys per year. Transit Systems has built a reputation for its ability to collaborate with Government and improve public transport solutions for customers.
Transit Systems is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group, Australia's largest tourism and marine transport company. Carrying more than 257 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 9,223 employees operating more than 3,991 buses and 113 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
For more information about Transit Systems and our zero-emission journey, please visit:
· Our Website http://www.transitsystems.com.au; and
· Our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/transit-systems-australia/;
About the Role
The role will report to the General Manager Fleet, Innovation & Business Intelligence, and as a Graduate Electrical Engineer, you will learn how to apply your electrical engineering knowledge to assist in the delivery of Zero Emission Bus and Depot Electrification projects.
Transit Systems are the leaders in zero emission bus deployments and this role will be responsible for contributing to the effective delivery of more sustainable public transport solutions for our employees, our customers, our communities, and our client.
This is a permanent opportunity for graduates who want to have a smarter, greener future within the bus industry. You will be offered a two-year graduate program rotating through different workstreams such as bus operations; asset management; network planning; bus contracts; finance and others to ensure you have exposure to the entire operation, all while contributing to zero emission bus transition projects.
You have the chance to make a difference in real, sustainable projects and work across all departments of our leading global transport company.
If you are ready to make the most of everything you’ve learned so far, be challenged, work together with industry leaders, and be a part of a supportive and a vibrant team, then Transit Systems is ready for you.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
• Have a degree or postgraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Have completed your degree within the last 2 years or are due to graduate by December 2023.
• Be a team player with strong leadership potential.
• Demonstrate drive, ambition, and a passion for challenging work in our operations.
• Be available/willing to travel interstate (if required) to assist in the delivery of zero emission bus projects.
• Have advanced time management skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated research, analytical and evaluation skills
• Ability to lead open consultation and communication with all stakeholders
• Methodical and innovative approach to solving problems
• Excellent attention to detail
• Professional in appearance and attitude
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in Australia and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close on 14 April 2023
Kelsian Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.