Join an award-winning Australian tourism and transport company
Transit Systems is seeking motivated and experienced motor mechanics to join our maintenance team in several locations.
About the Role
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, the primary role of our Diesel Mechanics is to undertake fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance of the Bus and Coach fleet safely and efficiently. We have several opportunities available at our depot workshop within Leichhardt.
You will work on a modern, well-maintained fleet including Diesel and Electric vehicles from Scania, MAN, Mercedes, Volvo, and Iveco, to enable our drivers to provide a safe and efficient service to our community.
To be successful you will ideally have:
- Relevant Diesel Mechanic Qualification (light vehicle Mechanic will be considered).
- Unrestricted drivers licence (truck licence desirable).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Great customer service skills for internal stakeholders.
- Organised, with an ability to prioritise work tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in minor servicing and fault diagnosis.
As a Transit Systems Employee you will:
- Flexibility - full-time positions available.
- Work-life balance (Rotating shifts across Early, Mid and Late).
- Ongoing training and development, including in emerging technologies (electric).
- Potential Earnings $100-110k p.a. Rostered weekend's provide opportunity to increase earnings.
- Visa sponsorship available to individuals with the right skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Work in a fantastic and supportive team environment.
- Employee benefits including travel discounts as part of the Kelsian Group.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
About Transit Systems NSW
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability.
Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,223 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 3,991 buses, 113 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 257 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our jointransit
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.