Regular ongoing casual work Available
SeaLink is looking for bright and energetic individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Experienced singer and performer?
Are you an all round entertainer?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 10,000 employees operating more than 5,000 buses and 112 ferries.
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
- Make the guest experience on board the number one priority
- Working harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be willing to work flexible hours
- Be well groomed and presented at all times
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Experienced entertainer/ performer
- Experience in hospitality or tourism
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience performing and entertaining audiences
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
About the role
Reporting to the Cruise Director, the Entertainer will not only be responsible for entertaining guests with the own talents, but also providing entertainment throughout the cruise by playing recorded music, coordination of crew shows, and on-board activities such as quizzes and bingo.
This is a casual position.
In this challenging and rewarding role, you will be responsible for maintaining an engaging presence with all guests and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional cruising experience. Your duties will include:
- Providing high quality background music for lunch and dinner and dance music after dinner
- Ability to provide music and entertainment suitable for the over 60's market.
- Perform Australian music at BBQ night and for 'bush band'
- Regular announcements to ensure guests are given appropriate notice and comprehensive details of all tours available from the ‘Murray Princess’
- Assist with guest boarding and disembarkation
- Regular scheduled gangway watch
- Smooth operation of the 'crew show' segment of the cruise, including regular crew rehearsals, update of material and skits.
- Care for all show equipment, costumes, instruments and ensuring these are stored safely.
- Co-ordinate guests' activities and entertainment program
- Assist with the food and wine trail
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications will remain open until suitable candidates are sourced.
The Murray Princess is owned by SeaLink. SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com