Join an award winning ASX-listed tourism and transport company
SeaLink is looking for a bright and energetic individual who has a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their team!
Have a background in accounting?
Experienced in Finance Management?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
Reporting to the General Manager - Gladstone Division, this role will have responsibility for providing expert financial advice, with a focus on budgeting, business management, monitoring of financial results, reporting and financial training and capacity building.
In addition to the above, the role will have responsibility for the following:
- Manage and deliver the management accounts, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly journals, reconciliations, key performance indicators and reporting
- Provision of support for the leadership team with development of and understanding budgets, budget analysis and reporting
- Prepare FBT return for review by Tax Agents and BAS calculations for returns
- Undertake project work as required
- Ensure findings and recommendations as a result of any internal / external audit processes are reported to management
- Lead and participate in financial and business reviews to improve and strengthen internal controls around business processes
- Possess a great deal of experience in reviewing business contracts and its variations
- Hold extensive experience and proficiency in generating thorough financial models for new business opportunities
- Supervision of the day to day accounting responsibilities for a small team
- Ensure compliance with payroll tax and WorkCover calculations
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of accounting practices and their application, along with superior numerical ability and accuracy. Appropriate qualifications in accounting or a related discipline are required along with membership of either the ICAA or CPA Australia. The successful person will have experience in contributing to the planning and execution of organisational strategy and decision making along with strong project management skills.
We are also looking for a person with the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- Commercially astute
- A high level of self-motivation with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of experience in stakeholder management
- Previous experience in the professional presentation of reports to senior management
- Excellent time management skills
The person we are looking for will be a team player with at least 5 years of previous experience in a similar role. Prior experience working in a shared services environment would be advantageous. As this role is based in Gladstone and responsible for our business in Gladstone and Whitsundays, it is envisaged that regular travel will be required.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
SeaLink Gladstone & Whitsundays is part of the SeaLink Marine & Tourism family. SeaLink Marine & Tourism operates some of Australia’s most iconic marine transport and tourism experiences brands including SeaLink ferries around Australia, Captain Cook Cruises in Sydney Harbour and Perth’s Swan River, Kingfisher Bay, and Eurong Beach Resorts on Fraser Island (K’gari), the Murray Princess on the Murray River, Kangaroo Island, Adelaide Sightseeing and many more. For more information on our marine and tourism family visit www.BrilliantTravels.com.au.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore, the UK and USA. An Australian publicly listed company with over 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year. For more information visit www.kelsian.com.
Applications close 6 October 2023.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com