About Transit Systems NSW
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability.
Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,223 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 3,991 buses, 113 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 257 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our jointransit
Automotive Electricians are responsible for ensuring that our buses comply with all regulatory standards, through providing appropriate services to repair and preserve these heavy vehicles. Maintain and ensure safe working
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducts routine servicing of electrical systems on the bus fleet.
- Completes unscheduled repairs and maintenance.
- Attends breakdowns and performs required repairs to enable bus to be returned to depot.
- Completes pre-inspection of vehicles for RMS inspection.
- Completes repairs on changeover components.
- Adheres to relevant company policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, Equal Opportunity and other aspects of the business.
- Carries out bus driving duties as required.
- Any other duties as required.
- Relevant Trade Certificate
- Relevant experience in trade.
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to undertake shift work’ including weekends, based on operational demands of workshop
- Possession of current ‘Heavy Rigid’ class vehicle license
- MR or HR driver’s license or ability to let us assist you in upgrading your license
- Motor Vehicle Tradespersons Certificate, Automotive Electrician
- Minimum two years of experience as a qualified Auto Electrician
- Prior experience with Fleet Maintenance Management Systems is desirable
- Prior experience in mechanical, hydraulics/pneumatics
- Experience with heavy vehicles is desirable but not required
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check, criminal history check drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
The role is a rotating roster with the opportunity of overtime.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.