Transit Systems is seeking a motivated and experienced Trade Assistant to join Leichhardt maintenance team!
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract customers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability.
Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With approximately 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers where they need to go.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Workshop Manager, or his / her delegate, for the efficient and effective management of the maintenance inventory, records and other depot requirements.
- Perform computer tasks.
- Meeting a “peak” of vehicles on road
- Assisting trade staff with minor repairs in a timely fashion to ensure every driver has a bus to take on the road.
- Adhere to kilometre-based vehicle inspections: tyre, light, fluids, body damage.
- Keeping the workshop efficient; maintenance of pits cleanliness,
- Organisation of workshop tools
- Ensuring trade waste is disposed of in a timely manner.
- Delivering and retrieving parts and consumable items from suppliers and other depots.
- Road testing vehicles for trade staff and performing driver functions for diagnosis.
- Using a forklift for deliveries and other activities.
If a Driver Authority is obtained potential for overtime as a bus operator.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL FOR THE ROLE YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a workshop environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to acquire or already have a MR or above licence.
- Physical ability to frequently lift and carry materials weighing up to 16kg, and occasionally up to 25kg.
- Mechanical background – No Certificates required. (desirable)
- A HR (Heavy Rigid) driver’s license or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Ability to work well with Mechanics, Electricians and Body repairers.
- Workshop focused, ensuring Trades staff are assisted accordingly and keeping the workshop in a professional state.
- Display aptitude towards routine maintenance such as tyre checks, light check and assisting with vehicle checks.
- A high standard of personal values; punctual, honest, reliable dependable and cooperative, hold a satisfactory employment record.
- Using a desktop for varies duties; accessing allocated jobs and detailing work completed and logging parts used.
WHAT TO EXPECT AS A TRADE ASSISTANT/STORE PERSON AT SOUTH GRANVILLE
- A skill-based remuneration depending on experience, knowledge, ability, and class of licence
- Flexible start times
- Working together as a team, sharing a common goal of maintaining the fleet through cooperation, knowledge sharing and labour management
- Attending vehicle breakdowns with trade staff if necessary
- Overtime available
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.