SeaLink TransPerth Ferries and Captain Cook Cruises is looking for individuals with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their marine crew!
We have permanent and casual positions available.
Join an Award-winning Company
Access to Travel Discounts
Training and development opportunities
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
This is a key role within the organisation and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
As the Master your role is the safe and efficient operation and navigation of Company vessels, ensuring the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant local and international laws and company policies. You are also responsible for passenger safety, the verification of and compliance with the Safety Management System on board, and for crew performance, training and development. Delivering friendly and welcoming customer service is a key feature of this role.
To be successful in the role you must:
- Have proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Have strong communication - written and verbal
- Have outstanding customer service
- Be organised
- Have an ability to perform autonomously
- Be flexible and reliable
- Have a proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Be well presented at all times
- Be able to interact with guests in a friendly yet professional manner whist promoting the philosophies of SeaLink WA
- Be available to work public holidays, weekends and evenings - Essential
- Have full availability from October to end March - Essential
Key Skills that are essential to the role are:
- Master <24 NC Certificate of Competency
- Senior First Aid Qualification
- Minimum MED2 Qualification
- Current Driver's Licence
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of WH&S Regulations
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting a cover letter and your resume and explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 27 October 2023
SeaLink WA is a SeaLink Marine and Tourism company, part of the Kelsian Group - Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.