SeaLink Rottnest Island is looking for individuals with a strong work ethic and proven leadership skills to join their marine crew!
We have permanent full-time positions available.
Join an Award-winning Company
Access to Travel Discounts
Training and development opportunities
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
The primary function of this role is the safe and efficient operation of Company vessels. The Engineer is responsible for the technical oversight and maintenance of all main and auxiliary machinery, including air conditioning, refrigeration and electrical, plus the servicing and maintenance of firefighting equipment, the engine room, and the cleanliness of machinery spaces.
The Engineer works in close conjunction with the on ground Maintenance Manager in the day-to-day maintenance requirements, the Master in ensuring all technical requirements are met and the Operations Manager for ensuring services, supplies and work requirements are met.
The Engineer also assists with the loading/unloading of the vessel, luggage & equipment. This position requires working as leader of a team, a high standard of interpersonal and organisational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
This role is predominantly for the Rottnest service however you will be required to work across all our vessels. You will be required to work a mixture of shifts covering days, evenings, nights, weekends & public holidays.
This is a key role within the organisation and requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling, and time management skills.
To be successful in the role you must:
- Have proven strong leadership skills and people management.
- Have written and verbal communication skills
- Have Organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to perform autonomously and effective delegation.
- Have proven vessel maintenance experience.
- Flexibility and reliability.
- Be well presented at all times
- Be able to interact with guests in a friendly yet professional manner whist promoting the philosophies of SeaLink WA
- Be available to work public holidays, weekends and evenings - Essential
- Have full availability from October to end March - Essential
Key Skills that are essential to the role are:
- Minimum MED1 Qualification
- Senior First Aid Qualification
- Current Driver's Licence
- Shipboard Safety Certificate - Essential
- Experience with Scania and/or Caterpillar Marine Engines – Highly desirable
- An understanding of the following: Diesel engines, electrics both domestic and marine and plumbing and plumbing systems
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Knowledge of WH&S Regulations
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting a cover letter and your resume and explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 27 October 2023
SeaLink WA is a SeaLink Marine and Tourism company, part of the Kelsian Group - Australia's largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Our purpose is to be a world leader in delivering essential journeys through safe and intelligent transport solutions and create brilliant customer experiences.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.